Tuesday, November 01, 2005
- 1993 - Russell discovers the internet, is awestruck at the ability to order flowers from a computer lab on campus.
- 1994 - Russell adopts the moniker "Theo" for his online persona and enters the world of electronic bulletin boards.
- 1995 - Russell launches his first website (www.theoslogic.net) mainly as a repository for praise and worship chord charts, but with some theological content.
- 1996 - Russell's first solo album rockets to number one in its first week. Concert tour of the greater Scranton/Wilkesbarre metropolitan area is a phenomenal success.
- 1997 - Russell gets married and gets in trouble for frequently making totally unsubstantiated fanciful claims with no basis in reality.
- 1998 - Russell receives his first legal notice about posting copyrighted material and adjusts his website to be a mere library of links, with a couple of random songs that were difficult to pin down source information.
- 1999 - Russell allows the site to languish and eventually removes all content as it is hopelessly outdated and too much effort to think about.
- 2000 - Russell agrees to relinquish the use of the "theoslogic" name to his brother-in-law, who hopes to relaunch the site with a whole new focus.
- 2001 - Russell takes over as "interim" youth director and tries to push the internet as the primary communication tool for parents, teens and workers.
- 2002 - Russell begins blogging on the early developments of preemie daughter Rose. (quits after a couple months)
- 2003 - Russell launches first public blog as a journalling exercise for the "Discipleship Experiment" with the youth leadership team. (quits after twelve weeks)
- 2004 - Russell enters grad school and reformats the blog as a place to take notes on various issues in classes and such.
- 2005 - Russell has to release the contents of the blog to a professor for a grade and decides to clean up the entries and start over on a new blog.
That brings us to right now. I won't make any promises about how often or how well I will be posting, nor will I make any predictions about what the topics will be. Here are some hot things on my mind right now:
- Annoying grammatical and English usage mistakes
- Fisher-Price Little People
- Virginia Tech Hokies (though I can't imagine they will be #3 for long...)
- The theology of church government and church discipline (hmmm... wonder why?)
- Wawa lattes
We'll see what happens. Join the fun as it emerges.
Links to this post